The free telelephone assistance service for people with disabilities (SATGPD) 080010808 is a national service that provides support to PwD, their family members who need protection, support and information.
This service was launched in January 2017 by the Keystone Moldova Association with the financial support of the European Union. Since June 2019, Keystone Moldova administers and manages the free telephone assistance service for people with disabilities through contracting by the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection.
The free telephone assistance service for people with disabilities operates with the national number 080010808, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, accessible throughout the territory of the Republic of Moldova anonymously, free of charge and confidentially, from landline and mobile phones. The provider bears the cost of incoming calls from the territory of the Republic of Moldova. The cost of incoming calls from abroad is borne by the caller.
The Hotline offers the following services to people with disabilities and their family members:
1. informational support;
3. multidisciplinary collaboration to resolve cases of rights violations;
4. identifying suspected cases of violation of the rights of persons with disabilities and notifying them to the competent bodies and partner organizations;
5. notification of situations of risk to the life, security and integrity of the disabled person.
People with disabilities, their family members, elderly refugees from Ukraine can also benefit from the assistance provided by SATGPD.
To refugees from Ukraine the following services are available:
1. informational support regarding accessing services intended for refugees;
2. support for completing online applications for monetary assistance;
3. support for accessing the services of mobile teams for people with disabilities, people with serious health conditions, in order to benefit from monetary assistance;
4. identification of accommodation places for people with severe disabilities, families with children with autism;
5. identification of assistive equipment and their provision;
6. psycho-emotional support.